If you are travelling in Indian Railways for the first time then travelling on First Class can make the journey comfortable for you. You can book a ticket on First Class and the comfort would be much higher. If you are not sure about the procedure to book the ticket for the first class then do not worry as we have listed the complete process here.
One of the ways to book the First Class Train Ticket in India is to visit the railway counter but that is certainly time-consuming. The better way is to use the IRCTC website to book the ticket. Below is the process to book a first class train ticket in India.
Steps to Book a First Class Train Ticket in India
- The first step is to visit the IRCTC Next Generation The link to the website is www.irctc.co.in
- Once you are on the website, you can then log in to your IRCTC account with your IRCTC Next Generation Login You can do the IRCTC Loginlater as well but we suggest you to log in right away.
- Now, enter the Source Station, Destination Station, Date and Class. Select AC First Class in the Class to book a First Class Ticket. Click on Find Train after this and you will be directed to a new page with the list of the train on it.
- On the next page, shortlist the train that you wish to travel in and click on Check Availability and Train. Once the status is displayed, click on Book Now button and you will be redirected to a new page.
- You now need to enter the passenger details on the next page. Review the details and proceed to the payment page. Once that is done, you can simply make the payment with the preferred method. You can also make the payment using IRCTC e-wallet.
- Ensure to review the passenger details before making the payment and only proceed to the payment after reviewing the passenger details and other information like travel dates.
- The ticket will be booked once you make the payment. Your ticket will be displayed on the page for you and it should be noted that you can use the SMS to travel as well. It is not compulsory to have the printed ticket.
You might notice that there is no seat and berth assigned to you on the ticket and this because the seat number on first class is assigned by the TTE. So once you reach the railway station, search for your platform and board the train in the First Class. The TTE will then assign the seat to you. Ensure that you do carry your original ID with you and the journey will surely be very comfortable for you. You would not have to worry about the food or bedroll as all these facilities are available in the First Class. The ticket is certainly worth its price.