The Indian government has, in recent times, made the process of checking of land records really simple and hassle free. Instead of running around and visiting a lot of official places, you can check the land records easily at home. You only need a good internet connection to make this possible. In this article, we shall see how to check the land records in the state of Maharashtra.
Steps for Checking the Land Records in Maharashtra
The checking of the land records in the Indian state of Maharashtra is also known as the Record of Rights or the 7/12 extract. There are a few easy steps that you will need to follow if you want to check the land records in the Western Indian state. The steps are as listed below:
- To begin with, you need to visit the home page of the Maharashtra Bhumi website. The same is also called the Mahabhulekh. The following is the official website for checking the records of rights of a land in the Indian state of Maharashtra:
- After having visited the home page, all you need to do is select the district of your choice. The district in which the land you are trying to check the land records of is located in
- The third step is to again select the district as you are now redirected into a fresh webpage by the Mahabhulekh Maharashtra website
- After the selection of the required district, there will be various other options that shall be displayed on the screen and that you will need to choose from. The options will need you to choose the taluk and the name of the village.
- Post that, you will be given the option of selecting the following items from the drop box:
- The survey number
- The group number
- The first name and the last name
- The full name of the person who wants to view the land record
During this step, you shall be asked to select any one of the above-mentioned options. Once you have done that, you will be redirected automatically to the next page.
- The final step is to click on the option that shall display show the 7/12 extract. Once you have done the same, the records of land in the state in a particular district, taluk, as well as village, shall easily be displayed.
Thus, as is very clear from the above article, checking of land records in the state of Maharashtra has been extremely streamlined and one can easily check the records of rights in a particular village with no hassles whatsoever.