CTET is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education and it basically stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. In 2017, the11th edition of CTET will be ahelp and the estimated dates for the test are in September or in October. The test is for the people who are planning to make their career in the field of teaching. CBSE is the central board of education in India and the test provides an eligibility certificate to the people who are willing to teach. In this article, we have listed all the details in regards to CTET so if you are planning to appear for CTET in 2017 then you should surely read the article.
Eligibility Criteria to Appear in CTET
The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in CTET is mentioned below
- The applicant should be a graduate and he should be appearing or should have cleared the second year of a two year diploma program in elementary education.
- The applicant should have scored at least 50% marks in the first year of Bachelor in education.
- In addition to the criteria mentioned above, the candidate should have at least 45% marks in B.Ed. at the time of graduation.
- Any person with at least 50% parks in the4th year of Bachelor in Elementary Education may also apply for the test.
- Talking about the age limit, there is no age limit for the applicant.
Fee for CTET
- For the candidates in General or OBS category, the fee for the exam is Rs 600 for only one paper and Rs 1000 for appearing in both the papers
- For the candidates in SC, ST or PH category, the fee for the exam is Rs 300 for only one paper and Rs 500 for appearing in both the papers
Important Dates and Timeline
Last Date to Submit the Application – August 2017
Corrections in Application – August 2017
Issue of Admit Card – September 2017
Exam Date – September 2017 or October 2017
Results – December 2017
Registration Procedure for CTET
Follow the steps mentioned below to register for CTET
- You can start the registration procedure by navigating to CTET website and then on the top of the page, you will see an Apply Online button.
- Once you click on Apply Online, a web menu will be displayed and click on CTET Registration. A form should be displayed now which would allow you to create an ID. Fill in the form and complete the registration.
- The next step is to make the payment and the fee details of CTET exam is mentioned above. It is advisable to take both the exams and after making the payment, you may go ahead and review the forms.
- You can now submit the application form and this would complete the registration
Structure of the Exam
Paper 1 would consist of 150 MCQ questions and the paper would have 5 section. Each section would have 30 questions. Sections in paper one are Language 1, Language 2, Child Development and Pedagogy, Environmental Studies, Mathematics.
Paper two would consist of 210 MCQ questions and the paper would have 30 questions from Language 1, Language 2 and Child Development and Pedagogy where as Social Studies and Mathematics and Science would have 60 question each
The exact dates of the examination will be shared by CBSE soon and the same will be updated as soon as possible.